9 The Strand Penshurst
NSW 2222, Australia
02 9580 5320
HIFU-Noninvasive skin tightening and lifting
Micro-focused/ macro-focused ultrasound has been recently developed to meet the ever-growing public demand for achieving significant, noninvasive skin lifting and tightening.
Hight intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) uses high energy ultrasound and is similar to the ultrasound used in medical imaging.
Micro-focused ultrasound is focused on skin and subcutaneous tissue where the temperature reaches more than 60 degrees, producing small thermal coagulation points to depth of up to 5 mm within the skin and subdermis.
The application of heat at these discrete coagulation points causes collagen fibres in the facial tissues become denatured,contracting and stimulating de novo collagen.
By targeting the facial tissues ,noninvasive tightening and lifting of sagging facial and neck skin and improvement in the appearance of wrinkles can be achieved.
It can also improve lines and wrinkles on the décolletage.
Macro-focused ultrasound is used to ablate fat and achieves a reduction in body circumference.
Features of HIFU:
- * The procedure is performed at the office using an ultrasound gel.
- * Procedure takes 30 to 60 minutes.
- * The procedure is painless and doesn’t require anaesthesia.
- * The ultrasound screen image allows the physician to visualise the level of the treatment .
- * There is no downtime.
- * HIFU can lift facial and neck skin, deeper tissues, lift brows and improve chin appearance
- * HIFU improves skin elasticity and face contour.
- * HIFU improves skin complexion.
- * HIFU removes wrinkles on forehead, face, cheeks, eyes, mouth, chin.
- * HIFU can be combined with fillers or muscle relaxant injections.
- * Although many patients see immediate lifting results, the ultimate results do not happen overnight, but gradually over time. It can take up to 2-3 months for optimal rejuvenation.
- Copyright© Laurea Cosmetic Centre